Monday, February 24, 2014

Song of the Day

Well all, I've been thinking about this song for awhile. It's been two days since the Hits Deep Tour and there are two days till my mama's birthday. I've been doing some reflecting. Plus I've got walking pneumonia so I've got plenty of free time. This year is the sixth year since mom passed away. They have been some long and emotional years. I miss her, but the pain does not pierce my heart like it used to. Her birthday is not meant to be a day of sadness. No. It needs to be a day of celebration and happy memories. My boys and I started figuring that out a couple years ago and come the 26th we are going to do just that. Celebrate her, remember her and be together because God knows that's what she'd want.

So it dawned on me that the three of us have come so far. We've literally faced death and have walked out of that fire inferno. Sometimes we kicked and screamed and fell back aways. But we were always there to lift one another up. There was no going on unless we were going to make it together. We have done it. We have overcome our grief, our pain, our loss.

Overcomer by Mandisa

Mandisa is a Queen and I love her. If you are in a hard place, and life is weighing you down give this a listen. You will find the strength that you need. God bless. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment