Friday, March 7, 2014

Song of the Day

It has been many, many years since I remembered this wonderful memory. I was browsing Tumblr. (What's new?) And someone had shared a tweet that a celebrity posted about one of his favorite songs of all time. It did not have the title so I was naturally curious. As soon as I heard the introduction I was immediately taken back. Back to my high school days where I'd drag my angsty teenage self through the front door and there'd my mama be.

With Friday I'm in Love by The Cure playing in the kitchen.

Then we'd dance. We'd dance, we'd sing, we'd harmonize, and we'd always laugh. So much laughter filled that house. This was our Friday afternoon ritual. Without fail and I had forgotten.
So today when I heard it for the first time in over 7 years I got up and I danced. Baby I danced and I sang my heart out. Mojo was quite confused but joined in nonetheless. And the sun was shining and Hell yes. It was Friday, it is Friday. Perhaps for a little while at least I will carry on the tradition. Because it makes my heart happy.

Another prime example of how God works on our hearts. No longer do memories turn me into a sobbing puddle of feelings. No, now they wrap me in a comforting embrace and bring me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment