Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Him and Me. Where it All Began.

Today is my mom and dad's 36th Wedding Anniversary.
This is in honor of them and their love for one another.
It is the kind of love I hope to have someday.
I love you mom, love you dad.

~

As the stars shine high above us all, we are dancing around a massive bonfire curtesy of my fire loving sibling. Someone is playing the guitar and everyone is moving to the rhythm of life, dancing in the flames. As we all pair off and cuddle under the stars, basking in the warmth of the fire- my love and I twirl away and we frolic alongside the ocean. We dance under and in the stars. We kick up the phosphorus and I am lost at the wonder and awe that omits from my man. He has never seen anything like this before. It's all so beautiful to me. I run for him, wrap my arms around his slender waist and pull him towards the waves with me. He is clinging to me, so confused to my actions but trusting. And when he realizes we are literally in a sea of stars he begins to weep from the sheer beauty and wonder of it all. For his is an artistic and caring soul like mine. He gets it and it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed. I tell him how much I appreciate him, how much I love him and how lucky I am to have him. And he rests his head in the crook of my neck and sighs with peace and content. And the stars shine on and I swear I can hear my mom whispering to me,
"He's the one. The one whom I have been praying for, for you since the day you were born." And it's now my turn to cry because God above, he was worth the pain and the heartbreak and the wait. I love you mama, thank you.

So worth the wait.


** This tidbit is my own musings. My inspiration is my love for, love. **

No comments:

Post a Comment