Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I am a night owl by nature, a creature of the night. But oddly enough, this is my absolute favorite time of the day. Five in the morning, just before sunrise. It is so quiet, the only sound is the birds occasionally and the water lazily lapping at the shore. And everything has a pastel tint, while that golden light of the sunrise is beautiful, I love just basking in the light of pink and baby blue hues.
Back at Robbinswold, I would sneak down to the bulkhead and make my way to the dock. I would lie down and just listen, and just breathe. Sometimes, if I had the time, I'd go for a swim. I'd always see seals. They would get so close to me. It was always so hard getting out of the water.
And back here at home, sometimes I'd pad out into the living room and my mom would be awake too. Sometimes she'd just poke into my room first to see if I was too. Sometimes we'd chat quietly, but most times we'd just sit huddled under a blank, my head on her heart, and just be.


God I miss that, I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment