Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Song of the Day

Tonight I got to spend it with my brother. First of all, both of our cars are out of commission so our daddy-o gave us his. I hopped in the passenger seat and we grinned at each other.
"Where we going?" The sibling asks as we back out of the driveway.
"Doesn't matter to me." I reply as we wave goodbye to our dad.

Couple hours later we're flying down the interstate, sunroof open, my feet up on the dashboard, and we are laughing up a storm. Our time together always consists of:
1. Catching up on immediate events going on in our lives; school, work, relationships, etc.
2. Discussing our father; believe it or not we do look out for him.
3. Going down memory lane.
Sandy beaches and ice-cream also usually make an appearance but we are both bogged down in finals so we couldn't make a true escape but Alki Beach isn't too shabby.

My Song of the Day, today is Helluva Life by Frankie Ballard

"Bad times make the good times better..." It just sort of hit me as we were driving along. There was a comfortable silence between us for a brief moment and at that point I thought to myself, "This is the good stuff." And this song just sums it up perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment