Wednesday, August 13, 2014


I join my cousins as we share with you a glimpse of our granddad. Or as some of you knew him, Chuck Herzer. He passed away early this morning. I miss him. Oh my God, do I miss him. So many of my passions and talents come from my Herzer side. From him. I think all of us kids were sailing before we were walking, reading the constellations of the stars more than books. Thanks to him. And whether we were 2 or 22, there was always endless excitement every time our car turned onto Ludlow Bay Road. I could write an entire book about my granddad. But for right now, I want you to know how much this man will be missed and how much I love him. He touched the lives of so, so many. So I leave you with this picture, it is of him in one of his many elements. Hoisting the sails on The Adventuress. He has sailed his last voyage and he did it well. I love you granddad. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment